Wednesday, September 10, 2008

September 4, 2008 Day of Caring







Today I spent the morning with a large group of co-workers helping with the United Way Day of Caring. My work encouraged us to get out and help. We went to an elderly woman's house and cleaned up her yard, etc. We took out multiple trees and trimmed up others. We repainted her deck and porch, mowed the lawn, built a sitting patio, built lawn furniture, painted her fence, and did general cleaning. The yard was bad enough that we filled four or five of the large construction dumpsters used when houses are built. The yard looks completely different. The woman is a Holocaust survivor and really appreciated the help. It was exhausting work, but it was a lot of fun.

3 comments:

Tracy said...

Good of you to help out!

KFerrara said...

I'm glad you were able to take the time to help her out.
I think that Intermountain Healthcare is great at providing that kindof service. I truly miss working for them

KFerrara said...

Scott - Check out my blog - I tagged you. tykarenfamily.blogspot.com
Love ya bro
Karen