Wednesday, September 10, 2008

September 10, 2008 Basement

Shandi and I have been working very hard on our basement. We have competed all of the framing, including all of that darn sheetrock backing. We have also completed about 95% of the electrical work. Shandi's father helped me hook up the wires to the circuit box last night. Shandi's cousin has been over putting in the fireplace the past couple days and should be done today. Next week we will have the 4-way inspection and then put up the insulation. The following week will be a great one because we are hiring out the sheetrock and mudding. It is going to cost us, but it will save us a lot of time. I still need to hang the doors, but I am excited to do that part. All of the basement, except the bathroom, will be completed. The only real obstacle we have left is to save up enough money to pay for the carpet. Hopefully, we will be able to do so by the end of the year. Shandi has been a great help in the basement and has been especially helpful keeping the upstairs in order so that I feel like I can spend the time in the basement. I have a great wife!

2 comments:

Tracy said...

I can't wait to come see your new house. I have only seen the outside. Everyone says it is beautiful!

KFerrara said...

Sounds like things are moving right along with the basement. I can't wait to see the finish product.
I love your wife too.